Envy Wig Care Information
Envy Wig Care Information
You’ve made an important investment in your look by purchasing your wig. You want to protect that investment by taking the best possible care of your wig to ensure its longevity.
THE KEY WORD: GENTLE!
- Store your wig on a wig stand or mannequin in a cool, dry location, safe from extreme temperatures.
- If you wear a wig regularly, try to have at least two to choose from, and rotate them to extend their wearable life.
- Only use care products that are specially formulated for your wig. Never use hairspray formulated for human hair, as it can cause the fibers to deteriorate.
- Envy’s wig care products include a set of four travel-sized liquids: Wash and wear Shampoo, Tangle Tamer Leave-in Conditioner, Shine On Lusterizer, and Freeze Frame Hair Spray. Also, available are Envy’s Detox Anti-Bacterial Spray, Renu and Repair Glosser Spray, and Beauty Balm Sculpting Creme.
- Shampoo your wig as needed (weekly, after 5-6 wearings, or simply when it looks and feels like it needs shampooing) with Wash and Wear Shampoo by Envy,etc., you may need to shampoo and condition your wig more often.
- Be gentle when shampooing your wig; never twist or rub it. Use only cool or cold water, as hot water could damage the fibers. Pay special attention to the areas around the face where makeup and oil can accumulate.
Very gently, use a wide-tooth comb to remove any tangles. With longer wigs, begin by gently separating the strands with your fingers, starting at the tips of the strands and working your way to the base. You can apply a bit of Envy’s Tangle Tamer Leave-in Conditioner to make de-tangling easier.
- To keep your wig looking vibrant, use Envy’s Wash and Wear Shampoo.
- Fill a sink or bowl with two quarts of cool water, add the directed amount of wig shampoo, and immerse your wig. Allow it to soak for five minutes.
- Gently agitate your wig to ensure water has penetrated all the strands. Remove your wig, place it on a soft towel, and blot the fibers. Drain and rinse the sink so no soapy residue remains.
- Refill the sink with clean, cool water, immerse the wig, and gently agitate until all the suds are gone. You may also run cool water from the tap over the wig, making sure the water flows from the base of the strands to the tips.
- If necessary, repeat the rinse cycle or the complete wash and rinse process.
- After shampooing with Envy,s Wash and Wear shampoo spray a generous amount of Tangle Tamer Leave In Conditioner on damp hair. Comb through roots to ends. Tangle Tamer can be used on both dry and damp hair to help protect the fibers from environmental effects.
- Once the wig is clean and conditioned, place it on a soft towel, gently blotting it to remove the excess water. DO NOT rub, wring, or twist the wig.
- Place the wig on a mannequin head or wig stand and allow the wig to dry completely overnight.
- For best results with flip styles or when wanting additional volume hang your wig upside down from the nape and allow the fibers to dry in an upwards direction.
DO NOT USE HEAT, SUCH AS BLOW DRYERS, CURLING IRONS OR FLAT IRONS ON SYNTHETIC WIGS!!!